The Major Aims and Objectives of the Black Sea GOOS are:
- To contribute to international
planning and implementation of the GOOS and to promote it at national,
regional and global level.
- To identify regional priorities for operational oceanography.
- To develop capacity of the regional countries and promote the level
to sustain GOOS activities.
- To provide high quality data
and time series, for a better understanding of, the Black
- To assess the economic and social benefits achieved by operational oceanography.